Terms + Conditions
We are confident in the value and impact of our programs and do not issue refunds. Payments do not allow cancellation. When you purchase any of our programs you agree to these terms and conditions.
The Programs, Products, and Services are owned and operated by Kate House, The Live By Design Company LLC, (“Company”, “we”, or “us”). The term “you” refers to any purchaser and/or user of any of our Programs, Products and/or Services.
Use and Consent
Intellectual Property Rights
Our Limited License to You. Our Programs, Products, and Services and all the Program Materials are our property and/or our affiliates or licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
If you purchase or access any of our Program Materials through our Programs, Products or Services, you will be considered our Licensee. For the avoidance of doubt, all content obtained through us is our property, and you are granted a revocable, non-transferable license for personal, non-commercial use only, limited to you only. This means that you may not use our Programs, Products or Services or the Program Materials in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or in a manner that has not been authorized by us.
You are permitted to use our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials as follows:
You are permitted to download and/or print free resources from our Website or email correspondence, e-newsletters, or other publicly shared information that are NOT a part of any paid Program, Product or Service for your own personal or business use, but only provided that you give us credit by name, keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices and, if used electronically, you must include the link back to the Website page(s) from which the information was obtained. You may also download and/or print Program Materials for your own personal use. However, you are not permitted to share, sell, reprint or republish any other of our Program Materials, including handouts, for resale or mass reproduction purposes for your own business use.
Any trademarks, taglines, and logos displayed on Program Materials are trademarks belonging to us. All trademarks reproduced in this Website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the Website. Any use including framing, meta tags or other text utilizing these trademarks, or other trademarks displayed, is strictly prohibited without our express written consent, or permission granted herein.
For those trademarks, taglines, and logos for which you are granted permission to use, the trademark indicia must be included at all times. Any marketing or promotional tools and/or Program, Product or Service titles or any other title or information of ours bearing the trademark symbols (™) or ® may not be used by you for any reason without our express written permission.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms or any express written license, are reserved by us.
Information You Are Prohibited from Sharing with Others. As a Licensee, you understand and acknowledge that our Programs, Products and Services and the Program Materials have been created, developed or obtained by us through the investment of significant time, effort and expense, and that this information is a valuable, special and unique asset of ours which needs to be protected from improper and/or unauthorized use.
When you enroll in or purchase our Programs, Products or Services, you agree that you are clearly and expressly prohibited from doing the following:
- You will not copy, share or steal our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials, or any parts of them.
- You will not in any way use, copy, adapt or represent any of our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials in any way as if they are yours or created by you.
- You will not engage in improper and/or unauthorized use of our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials. Improper and unauthorized use includes but is not limited to modifying, copying, reproducing, republishing, uploading, posting, transmitting, translating, selling, creating derivative works, exploiting, or distributing in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any Program Materials or any other information accessed or purchased through our Programs, Products or Services, or any other communications provided by us for your own personal use, business/commercial use or in any way that earns you money.
- You will not duplicate, share, trade, sell, or otherwise distribute our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials to any other person, for their personal use, business/commercial use or in any way that earns them money, whether it was known to you or not at the time that you shared the information that their intention was to use the Program Materials for their own personal use or business/commercial use. This means you cannot share or sell or any part of our Programs, Products and Services or Program Materials to someone else so they can copy and/or use them for their own personal use, business/commercial use or in any way that earns them money. You are the only one granted a limited license to use our Program, Product, Service, and Program Materials.
- You will not violate our intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark rights. Downloading, printing, or otherwise using our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials for your own training purposes in no way gives you any copyright, trademark, intellectual property or ownership rights of our Program, Product, Service or Program Materials.
- You will not reprint or republish any part of our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials for publication or compilation into your own products, programs, services or program materials for your own personal use or business/commercial use or in any way that earns you money.
- You will not use our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or in a manner that has not been authorized by us through our prior written consent.
- You agree and understand that prohibited use, improper and/or unauthorized use may give rise to a civil claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
Limitations on Linking and Framing. You may establish a hypertext link to our Website or Content so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship, endorsement by, or ownership by in our Website or Content and does not state or imply that we have sponsored, endorsed or have ownership rights in your website. However, you may not frame or inline link our Content without our written permission.
Your License to Us. By posting or submitting any material on or through our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, such as comments, posts, photos, images or videos or other contributions, you are representing that you are the owner of all such materials and you are at least 18 years old.
When you submit to us or post any comment, photo, image, video or any other submission for use on or through our Website, you are granting us, and anyone authorized by us, an unlimited, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such contributions, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or developed in the future, for any purpose, and granting us the right to make it part of our current or future Programs, Products, Services and/or Program Materials. This right includes granting us use or exploitation of proprietary rights or intellectual property rights like copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secrets, patent rights or any other of your intellectual property rights under any relevant jurisdiction without any further permission from you or compensation by us to you.
You also grant us, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your comments, posts, photos, images, videos or other contributions by name, email address, or screen name. You acknowledge that we have the right but not the obligation to use and display any contributions from you of any kind and that we may elect to cease the use and display of any such contributions on our Programs, Products, Services and/or Program Materials at any time for any reason whatsoever.
Media Release. By participating in our Programs, Products and Services, and using our Program Materials, including our Facebook community, you consent to photographs, videos, and/or audio recordings that may be made that may contain you, your voice and/or your likeness. In our sole discretion, we reserve the right to use these photographs, videos, and or/audio recordings and/or any other materials submitted by you to us in connection with your participation in our Program, Product or Services in our current or future Programs, Products or Services, and/or our marketing or promotional efforts, without compensation to you at any time, now or at any time in the future.
Request for Permission to Use Content
Any request for written permission to use our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, in whole or in part, or any other intellectual property or property belonging to us (“Content”), should be made BEFORE you wish to use it by completing the “Contact Us” form on this Website, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you apply for, enroll in, purchase or use our Programs, Products or Services, or Program Materials we may seek and collect personal data and information including but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, billing information, credit card or payment information, demographic information, preferences, interests, or other personally-identifying information (“Confidential Information”).
By providing such Confidential Information to us, you grant us permission to use and store such Confidential Information. We, in turn, will use our best efforts to keep your Confidential Information safe, secure and confidential. We take precautions to protect such Confidential Information. When you submit Confidential Information via our Program, Product, Service or Program Materials, we take measures to protect the security of your Confidential Information both online and offline.
However, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your Confidential Information or of any other data or information transmitted to us or through our services; therefore submitting Confidential Information, data or other information is done at your own risk.
We have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that is obtained from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
Personal Responsibility and Assumption of Risk
As a Licensee, you agree that you are using your own judgment in using our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials and you agree that you are doing so at your own risk. Our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials are for informational and educational purposes only. You agree and understand that you assume all risks and no results are guaranteed in any way related to our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials. Our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials are merely to provide you with education and tools to help you make your own decisions for yourself. You are solely responsible for your actions, decisions and results based on the use, misuse or non-use of our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials.
We take every precaution to protect our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials. However, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of the Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials or the contributions or information transmitted to us on or through our Website or our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials. Submitting contributions or information through our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials is done entirely at your own risk. We make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss or damage to you or to any other person, company or entity arising out of use of our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials and you agree that you are assuming such risks.
Our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials are for informational and educational purposes only. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you or others in connection with our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials, including without limitation any liability for any accidents, delays, injuries, harm, loss, damage, death, lost profits, personal or business interruptions, misapplication of information, physical or mental disease, condition or issue, physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual injury or harm, loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however and whether caused by negligence, breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable. You specifically acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any other Program, Product, Service or Program Materials participant or user, including you.
Medical Disclaimer. Our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials are not to be perceived as or relied upon in any way as medical advice or mental health advice. The information provided through our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment that can be provided by your own physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, therapist, counselor, mental health practitioner, licensed dietitian or nutritionist, member of the clergy, or any other licensed or registered health care professional. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking professional advice because of information you have read in our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials, or received from us. Do not stop taking any medications without speaking to your physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, mental health provider or other health care professional. If you have or suspect that you have a medical or mental health issue, contact your own health care provider promptly. We are not providing health care, medical or nutrition therapy services or attempting to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure in any manner whatsoever any physical ailment, or any mental or emotional issue, disease or condition. We are not giving medical, psychological, or religious advice whatsoever.
Legal and Financial Disclaimer. Our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials are not to be perceived or relied upon in any way as business, financial or legal advice. The information provided through our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice that can be provided by your own accountant, lawyer, or financial advisor. We are not giving financial or legal advice in any way. You are hereby advised to consult with your own accountant, lawyer or financial advisor for any and all questions and concerns you have regarding your own income and taxes pertaining to your specific financial and/or legal situation. You agree that we are not responsible for your earnings, the success or failure of your business decisions, the increase or decrease of your finances or income level, or any other result of any kind that you may have as a result of information presented to you through our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials. You are solely responsible for your results.
Earnings Disclaimer. You acknowledge that we have not and do not make any representations as to the health physical, mental, emotional, spiritual or health benefits, future income, expenses, sales volume or potential profitability or loss of any kind that may be derived as a result of your participation in this Program, Product, Services or Program Materials. We cannot and do not guarantee that you will attain a particular result, positive or negative, financial or otherwise, through the use of our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials and you accept and understand that results differ for each individual. We also expressly disclaim responsibility in any way for the choices, actions, results, use, misuse or non-use of the information provided or obtained through any of our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials. You agree that your results are strictly your own and we are not liable or responsible in any way for your results.
Warranties Disclaimer. We make no warranties as to our programs, products, services, or program materials. You agree that programs, products, services, or program materials are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not warrant that the programs, products, services, or program materials will be functional, uninterrupted, correct, complete, appropriate, or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any part of the website, content are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of our program, product or services materials or on third-party websites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
Technology Disclaimer. We try to ensure that the availability and delivery of our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials is uninterrupted and error-free, including our content and communications through methods like our Website, member forum, private Facebook groups, e-mail communications, videos, audio recordings, webinars, recorded webinars, teleseminars, recorded teleseminars, emails, downloadable Mp3 audio files, videos, replays, downloadable PDF printed transcripts, downloadable PDF handouts/slides, handouts, ebooks, or any other materials provided by us to you. However, we cannot guarantee that your access will not be suspended or restricted from time to time, including to allow for repairs, maintenance or updates, although, of course, we will try to limit the frequency and duration of suspension or restriction. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will be not be liable to you for damages or refunds, or for any other recourse, should our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials become unavailable or access to the them becomes slow or incomplete due to any reason, such as system back-up procedures, internet traffic volume, upgrades, overload of requests to the servers, general network failures or delays, or any other cause which may from time to time make our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials inaccessible to you.
Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) Disclaimer. Our website and related materials may contain the use of AI technologies including, but not limited to, AI-generated text, graphics, images, and/or audio. AI technology was used as a tool by Company to supplement, enhance, and make suggestions to Our content, but the thoughts, ideas, opinions, and the finished product is, indeed, wholly human and original to our Company and We maintain copyright ownership over such content. Company was given a non-exclusive license to use such AI-generated content from third-party AI platform(s). You understand and acknowledge that We make no guarantee as to the accuracy of third-party AI-generated content contained herein and You expressly acknowledge and understand that any information or knowledge You gain as a result of using any AI-generated content on this website is used at Your own risk.
Errors and Omissions. We make no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information in our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials. Every effort has been made to present you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, but because the nature of scientific research is constantly evolving, we cannot be held responsible or accountable for the accuracy of our content. You acknowledge that such information may contain inaccuracies or errors and we are not liable for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Links to Other Websites. We may provide links and pointers to other websites maintained by third parties that may take you outside of our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials. These links are provided for your convenience and the inclusion of any link in our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials to any other website does not imply our endorsement, sponsorship, or approval of that website or its owner. We do not endorse and we are not responsible for the views, opinions, facts, advice, or statements provided by external resources referenced in our Website or its Content, or their accuracy or reliability. We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions caused by other websites that may be included our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials. We have no control over the contents or functionality of those websites and so we accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, or otherwise that may arise from your use of them and therefore we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any other website or their content. It is your responsibility to review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those linked websites to confirm that you understand and agree with those policies.
By purchasing and/or using our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials in any way or for any reason, you also implicitly agree to our full Disclaimer which may be found on our Website.
Indemnification, Limitation of Liability and Release of Claims
Indemnification. You agree at all times to defend, indemnify and hold harmless our Company, as well as any of our affiliates, agents, contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, joint venture partners, successors, transferees, assignees, and licensees, as applicable, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, or your breach of any obligation, warranty, representation or covenant set forth in these Terms and Conditions or in any other agreement with us.
Limitation of Liability. We will not be held responsible or liable in any way for the information, products or materials that you request or receive through or on our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials. We do not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, harm, loss, damage, death, lost profits, personal or business interruptions, misapplication of information, physical or mental disease, condition or issue, or otherwise, due to any act or default of anyone or any business, whether owners, staff, agents, joint venture partners, contractors, vendors, affiliates or otherwise, affiliated with us. We do not assume liability for any owners, staff, agents, joint venture partners, contractors, vendors, affiliates or otherwise who is engaged in rendering our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, or in any way or in any location. In the event that you use our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials or any other information provided by us or affiliated with us, we assume no responsibility.
Release of Claims. In no event will we be liable to any party for any type of direct, indirect, special, incidental, equitable or consequential damages for any use of or reliance on our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, or on those affiliated with us in any way, and you hereby release us from any and all claims; including, without limitation, those related to lost profits, personal or business interruptions, personal injuries, accidents, misapplication of information, or any other loss, physical or mental disease, condition or issue, or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages or difficulties.
You are agreeing that you will not use our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials in any way that causes or is likely to cause the Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, or access to them either to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you are solely responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to this Website and its Content and to us.
You must use the Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials for lawful purposes only. You agree that you will not use our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials in any of the following ways:
- For fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offense or otherwise carry out any unlawful activity
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, defamatory, obscene or menacing, abusive, threatening, objectionable, invasive of privacy, in breach of confidence, infringing of any intellectual property rights, or that may otherwise may injure others
- To send, negatively impact, or infect our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials with software viruses or any other harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam, whether intended or not
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- To impersonate any third party or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your contributions
If you have a question or concern about your Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials, you may send an email to email@example.com and we will do our best to reply to you promptly.
Purchases and Online Commerce
If paying by PayPal, debit card, or credit card, you give us permission to automatically charge your credit or debit card as payment for your Program, Product or Service without any additional authorization, for which you will receive an electronic receipt. Should you be provided with a Paypal invoice instead, you are required to manually pay it by the date due on the invoice or your Program, Product or Service will be put on hold until payment is made.
In the event that payment is not received by the date it is due, you will have a three (3) day grace period to make the payment otherwise the Program, Product or Services will not continue and we reserve the right to cease your access immediately and permanently.
All information obtained during your purchase or transaction for our Programs, Products and Services and all of the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your name, address, method of payment, credit card number, and billing information, may be collected by both us and our payment processing company.
You agree to only purchase goods or services for yourself or for another person for whom you are legally permitted to do so or for whom you have obtained the express consent to provide their name, address, method of payment, credit card number, and billing information.
You agree to be financially responsible for all purchases made by you or someone acting on your behalf. You agree to use our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials for legitimate, non-commercial purposes only and not for speculative, false, fraudulent, or illegal purposes.
If you make a purchase from one of our affiliates, or any other individual or company through a link provided on or through our Programs, Products or Services (“Merchant”), all information obtained during your purchase or transaction and all of the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your credit card number and contact information, may be collected by the merchant and their payment processing company as well. Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any affiliate, individual or company on or through our Programs, Products or Services, and all purchase terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with payment, refunds, and/or delivery related to your purchase, are solely between you and the Merchant. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, refunds, or other matters of any sort that incurred as the result of such dealings with a Merchant.
Payment processing companies and Merchants may have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies of the payment processing companies and Merchants. In addition, when you make certain purchases through our Programs, Products or Services, you may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of a payment processing company, Merchant or us that specifically apply to your purchase. For more information regarding a Merchant and its terms and conditions that may apply, visit that merchant’s Website and click on its information links or contact the Merchant directly.
You release us, our affiliates, our payment processing company, and Merchants from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against us or them, arising from your purchase through or use of our Website or its Content.
Your satisfaction with your Program, Product or Service is important to us. Yet, because of the extensive time, effort, preparation and care that goes into creating and/or providing our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials, we have a no refund policy. Unless otherwise provided by law, you acknowledge that we do not offer refunds for any portion of your payment for any of our Programs, Products, and Services, and no refunds will be provided to you at any time. By using and/or purchasing any of our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, you understand and agree that all sales are final and no refunds will be provided.
You have the right to terminate your use of or participation in our Programs, Products or Services at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse or terminate your access to our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, in full or in part, at any time, without notice, by sending you an email to the e-mail address you provided upon purchase of the Program, Product or Service.
In the event of cancellation or termination by either of us, you will have 24 hours to pay any and all remaining payments or balances that are owed to us.
Upon termination by either of us, we reserve the right to immediately refuse or terminate your access to any aspect of our Programs, Products, Services and/or our Program Materials, including but not limited to our Website, private forum, e-mail communications, Facebook groups, live webinars or conference calls, or any other method of communications related to our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials at any time without notice and in our sole discretion.
It is hoped that should we ever have any differences, we could be able to work them out amiably through e-mail correspondence. However, should we be unable to seek resolution within a reasonable time, you agree now that the only method of legal dispute resolution that will be used is binding arbitration before a single arbitrator, selected jointly, in accordance with the American Arbitration Association Rules. Prior to seeking arbitration, you must send an email to me at email@example.com and include all of your reasons for dissatisfaction with your Program. You understand and agree now that the only remedy that can be awarded to you through arbitration is full refund of your Payment made to date. No other actions or financial awards of consequential damages, or any other type of damages, may be granted to you. We both agree now that the decision of the arbitrator is final and binding, and may be entered as a judgment into any court having the appropriate jurisdiction. By purchasing our Programs, Products or Services you are agreeing to a modification of the statute of limitations such that any arbitration must be begun within one (1) year of the date of the date of your e-mail to me referenced above or you waive the right to seek dispute resolution by arbitration or to take any other legal action. You also agree that should arbitration take place, it will be held in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania where my business is located, and the prevailing party shall be entitled to all reasonable attorneys’ fees and all costs necessary to enforce the decision of the arbitrator.
In the event of a dispute between us, you agree to not engage in any conduct or communications, public or private, designed to disparage us, our Company, or any of our Programs, Products or Services. Where requested by law or arbitration, of course, you are not prohibited from sharing your thoughts and opinions as a part of the legal process.
Confidentiality and Privacy
What We Do With Confidential Information. We request and require various personal data and/or Confidential Information to understand your needs and provide you with better services. In addition, we may use such data and Confidential Information for the following reasons: (1) for internal record keeping, (2) to improve our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, (3) to periodically send promotions about new Programs, Products or Services or other special offers from which you may unsubscribe at any time, (4) for aggregate, non-identifiable data for research purposes, (5) to customize the respective Programs, Products or Services you purchase or use according to your interests and/or (6) for support or communication related to your Program, Product, Service or Program Materials.
Storage. All data and Confidential Information is stored through a data management system. This data and Confidential Information can only be accessed by those who help manage that information in order to deliver e-mail or otherwise contact those who would like to receive our correspondence. You agree and acknowledge that we, including but not limited to our team, staff and affiliates, and those who manage the data management system may have access to your Confidential Information.
Viewing by Others. Note that whenever you make your Confidential Information or Other Information available for viewing by others such as through our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials, our Website or social media, the Confidential Information or Other Information that you share also can be seen, collected and used others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized use by others of such Confidential Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share online or in any other manner.
Passwords. To use certain features of our Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials, you may be issued a group username and password or a unique individual username and password, which you will receive through your registration and/or purchase process. You may be able to change the username and/or password to one of your choosing. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account. You are not permitted to share your username and/or password with anyone. If we learn you have shared your username and/or password with another person, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your access to the Program, Product, Service, Program Materials, Website, private forum, Facebook group or any other related communication. It is your responsibility to protect your own password from disclosure to others. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information. You are responsible for activities that take place using your password(s) and within your account. If you share your password(s) with anyone, they may be able to obtain access to your personal information at your own risk. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. By using our Programs, Products and Services, you agree to enter true and accurate information as part of the registration, purchase process and otherwise. If you enter a false email address, we have the right to immediately deactivate your account. We will use our best efforts to keep your password(s) private and will not otherwise share your password(s) without your consent, except as necessary when the law requires it or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary, particularly when disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to others or interfering with our rights or property.
By purchasing a Kate House Product, purchaser agrees to the following terms: Agreement is entered into by and between: Kate House, The Live By Design Company LLC and purchaser (Client).
Description of Coaching
Coaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
1) Coach-Client Relationship
A. Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and his/her coaching calls and interactions with the Coach. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
B. Client further acknowledges that he/she may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time.
C. Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
D. Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Client and the Coach.
E. The Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
1) Client retains total responsibility, autonomy, and liability for any and all decisions made regarding health, life, and business including but not limited to any decision to take action or engage with substances for improving the quality of health, life, or business.
2) Services. The parties agree to engage in a Coaching Program through in person, internet, telephone meetings. No in person meetings will be offered. Coach will be available to Client by email, text, and voicemail in between scheduled meetings as defined by the Coach. Coach may also be available for additional time, per Client’s request on a prorated basis rate of $200 per hour. Additional work may be negotiated separately and subject to alternate rates as appropriate for each service.
3) Schedule and Fees. This coaching agreement is valid as of purchase date. The investment for the program is the purchase price noted at checkout.
The refund policy in effect for the term of this Agreement is as follows: No refunds will be issued.
4) Procedure. The time of the coaching meetings and/or location will be determined by Coach and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time. Client is responsible for scheduling weekly meetings or calls, and missed meetings or calls will NOT be prorated to the end of the coaching program. Duration of the program (unless otherwise specified by Coach) will be 6 months from client's initial paid session. The Client will initiate all scheduled calls via this method: Zoom Video Calls - Zoom link will be provided via email (and text option) at time of session booking.
If the Coach will be at any other number for a scheduled call, Client will be notified prior to the scheduled appointment time.
5) Confidentiality. This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality. Please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent. Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner.
6) Release of Information & Marketing. Client agrees that their testimonials, feedback about coaching sessions and coaching results may be shared for Coach's marketing purposes. According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
7) Meeting Cancellation Policy. Client agrees that it is the Client's responsibility to notify the Coach 24 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings. Coach will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting within the week. Missed meetings will not be credited forward to a future week.
8) Data & Record Retention Policy/GDRP. Data Collection & Retention Policy.
The Client acknowledges that the Coach has disclosed his/her record retention policy with respect to documents, information and data acquired or shared during the term of the Coach-Client relationship. Such records will be maintained by the Coach in a format of the Coach’s choice (print or digital/electronic) for a period of not less than 2 years.
9) Termination. Either the Client or the Coach may terminate this Agreement at any time with 2 weeks written notice. If Coach terminates the relationship, pro-rated fees will be refunded to the client based on the number of weeks remaining in coaching program. If client terminates the agreement, no refund will be issued.
10) Limited Liability. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
11) Entire Agreement. This document reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Client, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Coach and the Client.
12) Dispute Resolution. If a dispute arises out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Client and Coach agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 120 days after notice given. If the dispute is not so resolved, and in the event of legal action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover attorney’s fees and court costs from the other party.
13) Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
14) Waiver. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
15) Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provisions.
16) Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns.