I’m Kate House and most days you can find me chasing around my two little boys, Dexter and Conrad, and our dog, Millie Pup. When I’m not mom’ing or spending time with my hubby, I’m working passionately to help others live a life of intention through joy, gratitude, and health. I’m mostly known for being a yoga instructor, health coach, and blogger – and in 2020 I’m launching the Live by Design Podcast. People often refer to me as the happiest person they know, and it’s my hope that my podcast can be a place to motivate and inspire you to live your biggest, boldest life. I love serving the world by sharing my light and joy, and I hope to be the voice of an encouraging friend for you too.
The things I’m most passionate about in life are nurturing relationships, taking a proactive approach to money management (nerd alert!), moving my body from a place of joy, meditating, raising kind and confident boys, and helping others do the same. I work with women who need help being intentional with how they spend their days, because how you spend your days is how you spend your life. I give guidance on everything from learning how you like to be active and sweat (running, walking, yoga, you name it!), to how to food shop and meal prep, to finding joy in the little things, and above all establishing a gratitude practice. Because from a place of appreciation you can see bounty, and beauty, and be inspired to reach for more. I’m lucky enough to do these things through one-on-one health coaching with my clients and my podcast.
When I’m not busy working on my business, you can catch me training for a half marathon (currently working towards lucky #13!), cooking delicious recipes (usually from Cookie and Kate’s incredible blog), or reading (in print or audio, I’m an equal-opportunity reader!).
If you’d like to know more, here are five things you might not know about me.
- I met my husband when we both played on the Ultimate Frisbee Team at Gettysburg College. Coincidentally, he also turned out to be my upstairs neighbor in our freshmen dorms!
- I get seriously hangry, which is why when I pack up the diaper bag for my boys, I also throw in snacks for myself. Anyone else too?!
- Fresh flowers bring me so much joy. And because of that, I treat myself to a bouquet from Trader Joe’s whenever I get the chance (they’re beautiful, smell great, AND inexpensive there!).
- We just bought our first car with heated seats a couple of years ago, and I don’t think I can ever go back to a non-heated tushy.
- I love to travel and was lucky enough to spend a semester studying in the south of France. It’s a big goal for ours to travel with our boys as they grow up in order to show them new places, experience other cultures, and learn just how blessed they are to live here in the U.S.
If you’ve made it this far, thank you! I’d love to connect with you via my contact form or over on Instagram @mskatehouse. See you there, friends – and always remember, spread some joy and make someone smile!