“Can you embrace and honor yourself, even in the messiest chapter in your life?”
“Can you learn to not have to wait until things get better or change before you start giving yourself the things that you need?”
Today we are joined by Lisa Olivera the author of Already Enough and we are talking all about radical self-acceptance.
Lisa shares her proven framework on how to shift your mindset on your quest for self-acceptance through:
- Mindfulness – Becoming aware and noticing when the stories we tell ourselves are taking over in a way that does not feel supportive
- Curiosity – What could be contributing to the story I’m telling myself? What else could be going on here?
- Self-Compassion – Allow yourself to shift out of a critical, judgemental place. Be gentle with yourself. Give yourself more compassion, kindness, ease, and support.
- Aligned Action – Now that I know where I am, how I’m feeling, and what I need, how can I implement action into my day or my life that will be supportive?
If you are ready to stop judging yourself, embrace a kind inner dialogue, and accept yourself with kindness in your heart, then tune in now as Lisa and I talk about self-acceptance and self-love.
Have you joined The Live By Design Co Club?
I’m so excited and grateful to announce that The Live By Design Co Club is now open!
The Live By Design Co. Club is a place where we can come together in community and friendship, practice gratitude, and hold one another accountable as we work on establishing and maintaining the habits that will make us feel vibrant, vivacious, and ready to tackle our biggest goals.
The Live By Design Co. Club meets monthly for a Group Coaching Session via zoom (with replay available should you miss the call!), group support and accountability in our private Facebook Group, a monthly journaling session via Zoom, 10 affirmations each month, and bonus podcast episodes too!
You are a good fit for the club if you’re eager to learn, ready to approach the new year with intention, have a desire to practice self-love, want to be in community with others living with intention, desire guidance on how to star, and you’re ready to make yourself a priority again.
Ready to live 2022 with intention? Then The Live By Design Co Club was made just for you!
Lisa Olivera is a writer, therapist, and creative who shares work centered around radical acceptance, cultivating compassion, and integrating our stories and full humanity. She holds a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from Dominican University and has worked in schools, community-based mental health, and private practice, all of which inform her lens of the world.
Lisa’s mission is to guide people in remembering their goodness, honoring who they are, and reclaiming their inner stories in order to show up more fully in their lives. Her work has been featured in many publications including The New York Times, Cosmopolitan, Good Morning America, The Guardian, and The Huffington Post.
Lisa currently has a small private practice and creates courses, offerings, and writings.
Her first book, Already Enough: A Path to Self-Acceptance, is out on January 25, 2022. She lives with her husband and daughter in Northern California.
You can connect with Lisa Olivera here:
Kate’s Joyful Corner
Last week for my Joyful Corner I was so incredibly grateful for my chiropractor, Dr. Shehan, as he was able to help me with my chronic neck pain!
And this week I’m continuing my gratitude with another layer of self-care, massages! I love to give loved ones massages, however, I’ve never invested in them for myself until recently.
I’ve finally made them a priority for myself because I want to show myself self love. I cherish that one hour of time that I can focus on myself and what my needs are. Sometimes I chat with my masseuse and sometimes I lay quietly and enjoy the space and the time alone.
So this week I’m grateful for my regular massage practice and helping myself feel good in my body, exactly as it is today.
- Subscribe to Kate’s Weekly Love Letter
- Join The LBD Co. Club
- Continue the Conversation on Instagram @mskatehouse
- Health Coaching with Kate
- Schedule Your Discovery Call
- Connect with Lisa Olivera
Resources mentioned by Lisa Olivera:
- Book – Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
- Podcast by Tara Brach
- Book – Atlas of the Heart by Brene Brown
- Book – Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Episode 74: Mini Motivational Meditation: Choose to Speak Kindly to Yourself – Inspired by Jen Sincero’s Book “You are a Badass At Making Money”
- Episode 63: “ I See You, And It’s Beautiful” with Bridge Covill
- Episode 57: A Journey of Self Love and Acceptance with Cara Anis
- Episode 56: Embrace Who You Are with Wendy Battles
- Episode 35: Reflections on Self Worth with Loukia Mastrodimos