“Change is uncomfortable. It’s helpful to understand the process we go through emotionally when we are faced with change so we won’t be derailed by it.”
– Excerpt from The 12 Week Year –
Today we’re diving into the five emotions we all experience when implementing change. They’re what makes up the EMOC (emotional cycle of change), and they go like this:
⭐ Uninformed Optimism
⭐ Informed Pessimism
⭐ The Valley of Despair
⭐ Informed Optimism
The third experience, known as the Valley of Despair, is our main focus during this mini podcast episode. Because I would argue that if you’re aware that this feeling will occur when making shifts in your own life, then you’ll be more likely to stick with it and see the new habit, skill, or change through to the end.
So if you’re ready to have a plan in place for when things get challenging (and they will!) then pop in those ear buds and let’s get motivated to stay the course together.
Kate’s Book Recommendations
The Live By Design Collective
It’s easy to fall into the rinse and repeat rhythm of life: parenting, work, caregiving, errands, and to-dos always seem to take the front seat while your self-care, creativity, and passions ride in the back.
And guess what, friend? You’re the only one who can change this. You get to decide to live by design, not by default.
The LBD Collective is your hype girl community, sacred sisterhood, and health coach in your back pocket – it’s 2 hours monthly of me-time to help you turn your spark back on.
So if you loved this episode – if it made you feel seen, heard, or included – then the LBD Collective is your place to keep the conversation going, and we want you part of it. Follow this link to learn more or join today!
- Love Letter Sign-Up
- Join The LBD Collective
- Health Coaching with Kate
- The 12 Week Year by Brian P Morgan and Michael Lennington
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
Connect with Liz Chapman – Podcast Manager
- Episode 104: Mini LBD Collective Training – Mindset: What it is, Why it Matters, & How to Shift Towards Growth
- Episode 103: Choosing Impact Over Fear and Stepping Forward Courageously with Mikita Smith of the Thyme 4 Tea with Mikita Podcast
- Episode 72: What Season 2 of the Pod Has Taught Me: Bravery, Courageousness and the Power of Self-Confidence