In light of May being mental health awareness month, I’m excited to sit down and speak with Lynn Jimenez, a licensed clinical social worker, who specializes in mindfulness practices and stress reduction, and is the founder of Connect Flow Grow.
For years Lynn experienced anxiety but thought that the tightness in her chest, thumping heart, and racing mind were her baseline setting. It was only when she was diagnosed with anxiety that she realized things could be different…that she didn’t have to feel this way all of the time.
Which is when mindfulness practices entered her life in a big way. She started only saying yes to the things that didn’t raise her stress levels, she prioritized her physical outlets like CrossFit and Yoga, spent time outside daily, ate well (think fewer processed foods, more whole foods), meditated, and journaled.
And you know what? It helped!
So friend, if you too are ready to reduce stress with a clear mindfulness practice, press play and let’s learn from Lynn together.
The Live By Design Collective
It’s easy to fall into the rinse and repeat rhythm of life: parenting, work, caregiving, errands, and to-dos always seem to take the front seat while your self-care, creativity, and passions ride in the back.
And guess what, friend? You’re the only one who can change this. You get to decide to live by design, not by default.
The LBD Collective is your hype girl community, sacred sisterhood, and health coach in your back pocket – it’s 2 hours monthly of me-time to help you turn your spark back on.
So if you loved this episode – if it made you feel seen, heard, or included – then the LBD Collective is your place to keep the conversation going, and we want you part of it. Follow this link to learn more or join today!
Lynn Jimenez is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She founded Connect Flow Grow to help people manage stress so they can live happier, more harmonious lives. CFG’s approach is unique because it combines science backed tools, with the development of emotional awareness and an individualized action plan – moving clients from struggling to juggle the demands of life, to strategically managing stress.
Connect with Lynn
- Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow” by Elizabeth Lesser
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- What Happened to You?: Conversation on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by
- Oprah Winfrey and Bruce D Perry
- The Deepest Well: Healing the Long-Term Effects of Childhood Trauma and Adversity by Nadine Burke Harris, MD
- The Lotus by Amirah Morris
Kate’s Joyful Corner
This week I am so grateful for the sweetest routine my boys have started. My oldest asked if he could have a sleepover with his little brother one night, so they shared the same bed that night and it was the most adorable thing ever.
The next night my youngest asked to have a sleepover in my oldest’s room, and they’ve been alternating rooms since. It’s so heartwarming to see the boys together and to think maybe we are doing something right as parents!
So, this week I’m grateful for these two cute little boys and their love for each other. And even though they can push each other’s buttons, at the end of the day there is so much love there and they just want to spend time comforting each other and being together.
Connect with Liz Chapman – Podcast Manager
- Episode 107: Fill Up to Spill Out – How to Make Yourself a Priority with Author Allison Smith
- Episode 103: Choosing Impact Over Fear and Stepping Forward Courageously with Mikita Smith of the Thyme 4 Tea Podcast
- Episode 99: Finding the Joy in the In-Between with Ashely and Dino Petrone of @Arrowsandbow + Inside Scoop on “Designed to Last”
- Episode 87: Learning to Embrace Hope, Gratitude and Joy with HSP Graciela Moore