The first Monday of each month The Live By Design Collective meets for Growth Night, and it’s one of my favorite nights! In May we took a deep dive into happiness, and not toxic positivity but real, true happiness – and our conversation was so valuable that I wanted to share some of the insights we covered with you too!
So join me today as we chat about:
- The three categories of happiness: pleasure, meaning, engagement
- The six ways we experience happiness: contentment, gratitude, pride, excitement, joy, and optimism
- Why studying and intentionally cultivating happiness matters (hint: it’s really good for your health!)
- What the 40% Solution, by Sonja Lyubomirsky, teaches us about the agency we have in creating and experiencing happiness
- And finally, how to cultivate happiness starting today (and for free!)
And when you’re done, grab my free Happiness Bingo card to take your intentional living journey to the next level (and have some serious fun while you’re at it!).
The Live By Design Collective
It’s easy to fall into the rinse and repeat rhythm of life: parenting, work, caregiving, errands, and to-dos always seem to take the front seat while your self-care, creativity, and passions ride in the back.
And guess what, friend? You’re the only one who can change this. You get to decide to live by design, not by default.
The LBD Collective is your hype girl community, sacred sisterhood, and health coach in your back pocket – it’s 2 hours monthly of me-time to help you turn your spark back on.
So if you loved this episode – if it made you feel seen, heard, or included – then the LBD Collective is your place to keep the conversation going, and we want you part of it.
- Love Letter
- LBD Collective
- Health Coaching Services
- Grab your Happiness Bingo Card
- The How of Happiness: A New Approach to Getting the Life You Want by Sonja Lyubomirsky
Connect with Liz Chapman – Podcast Manager
- Episode 110: Cultivating Self-Confidence, Gratitude & Positivity with Motivational Speaking Duo Matt Matkovich & Phil Januszweski
- Episode 104: Mini LBD Collective Training – Mindset: What it is, Why it Matters, & How to Shift Towards Growth
- Episode 99: Finding Joy in the In-Between with Ashley and Dino Petrone of @arrowsandbow
- Episode 88: Did You Know that Gratitude Notes Benefit Both the Sender & Recipient? Plus Tips to Write Your Own!
- Episode 87: Learning to Embrace Hope, Gratitude and Joy with HSP Graciela Moore
- Episode 41: Bonus Episode: Use Your Joy List to Leave a Funky Feeling Day Behind
- Episode 5: Our Couples Gratitude Practice That’s Changed Everything