Keystone habits have ripple effects that can change your life.
Charles Duhigg, author of The Power of Habit, shares that as keystone habits are happening they are automatically leading to multiple positive behaviors and beneficial effects in your life. So these behaviors “spark chain reactions that help other good habits take hold.”
What is a Keystone Habit?
A Forbes article notes that “Keystone habits are the routines and practices by which someone operates. They mark the best level of what you do without any need for willpower or persuasion.
Why do you need keystone habits?
By just having a few keystone habits this can have a positive impact on your life and will lead to additional positive habits. It’s like a domino effect. You have that one powerful keystone habit and it’s like pushing over the biggest domino that automatically knocks down the other dominos as well in a good way!
How to establish a keystone habit:
- Start with a small habit and don’t try to change everything at one time
- Plan ahead – how can you be proactive?
- Track it and you can grab my habit tracker here to make it easy!
- Stay connected to why you started this habit
- Don’t stop when it gets hard! Keep going!
- Once you create that habit then begin to habit stack
What one habit do you want to start with? If you need a little help here are some ideas:
- Plan your day
- Establish a good bed / wake up routine
- Prioritize family dinner
- Make your bed every morning
- Track what you eat
- Develop a morning routine
The best way to develop a routine is to just start! So, friend, pop in your ear buds and let’s develop a new habit!
Have you joined The Live By Design Co Club?
I’m so excited and grateful to announce that The Live By Design Co Club is now open!
The Live By Design Co. Club is a place where we can come together in community and friendship, practice gratitude, and hold one another accountable as we work on establishing and maintaining the habits that will make us feel vibrant, vivacious, and ready to tackle our biggest goals.
The Live By Design Co. Club meets monthly for a Group Coaching Session via zoom (with replay available should you miss the call!), group support and accountability in our private Facebook Group, a monthly journaling session via Zoom, 10 affirmations each month, and bonus podcast episodes too!
You are a good fit for the club if you’re eager to learn, ready to approach the new year with intention, have a desire to practice self-love, want to be in community with others living with intention, desire guidance on how to start and you’re ready to make yourself a priority again.
Ready to live 2022 with intention? Then The Live By Design Co Club was made just for you!
Kate’s Joyful Corner
This week I’m grateful for extra outdoor time with my boys. I decided to participate in a #1000 hours outside challenge. I was intrigued by it because, thanks to the pandemic, my boys have spent more time on electronics than I would normally like. So this was a great way to get some extra outdoor time in!
For Christmas the boy’s great Grandma gifted them outdoor gear since it’s rather chilly in Pennsylvania in the winter! When I recorded this it was 7 degrees outside! The boys each got a pair of adventure boots and we all purchased new mittens. We had the best time outside where we created a secret little hideout in the line of pine trees on our property. We also had a big snowstorm and went sledding, and we crawled around on our hands and knees pretending to be dogs!
So this week I’m just so grateful to spend time with my boys disconnected from technology and connecting with each other.
- Subscribe to Kate’s Weekly Love Letter
- Join The LBD Co. Club
- Continue the Conversation on Instagram @mskatehouse
- Health Coaching with Kate
- Schedule Your Discovery Call
- Free Habit Tracker
- The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
- Keystone Habits: Improve All Areas of Your Life with One Small Habit
- 5 Keystone Habits to Take Your Life to the Next Level
- 8 Keystone Habits That Can Transform Your Life
- Fix Your Keystone Habits to Transform Your Life
- Learn more about Ketones, Grab your TrialPack, or Try the 10 Day Challenge
- Connect with Liz Chapman – Podcast Manager
- Episode 77: How I Start My Day Intentionally with a Morning Routine + Tangible Tips to Start Your Own
- Episode 76: Release All-Or-Nothing Thinking and Set Yourself Up for Success with Setting A, B, C Goals
- Episode 75: How to Leverage The Law of Attraction and Move Towards a Goal in the Best Way with Ginny Gane
- Episode 73: How I’m Embracing Goal Setting in the New Year + Sharing My Word-Of-The-Year for 2022 + How to Pick Yours Too!
- Episode 68: How Creativity Led to Discovering His “Why” and a Deeper Level of Self-Acceptance with Nick Cruz Velleman
- Episode 50: Conquering Big Goals with Brittany Frisch
- Episode 38: The Habit of Movement with Alice Havill