I am so excited to share my conversation with Personal Freedom Coach, Andrea Tessier, with you today!
Andrea shares with us how she transitioned from a career in education (which left her feeling burnt out and tired of living life on someone else’s terms) to finding freedom. She yearned for internal freedom, which she eventually found through taking her own personal journey of turning inwards, diving into self-discovery, and unlearning what she thought she was “supposed” to want, in order to create the life of her dreams.
While Andrea was on her journey of cultivating internal freedom, she created her Four Pillars of Personal Freedom:
- Self Awareness – Determine what does and does not work for you. Know what your needs, wants, and desires are.
- Self Acceptance – Let go of judgment of yourself.
- Self Expression – Don’t be afraid to rock the boat! Do the uncomfortable things.
- Trust and Surrender – Listen to your inner knowing and your own heart.
Andrea also shared how pivotal journaling has been as an act of self-love, and it’s a powerful tool to express yourself in a safe place.
If you’re looking to start a journaling practice, here’s where to start!
- There are no rules. Your journaling practice should feel authentic and true for you. It can be a ritual, or it can be messy, but the most important thing is that there are no rules. Journaling gets to be what you want it to look like for you, meeting you exactly where and as you are today.
- Make time for yourself and your journaling practice so it becomes intentional and a habit.
Andrea also shared some different approaches to journaling, such as:
- Journal about what is going on in your life. Set a 10 minute timer and let the words flow.
- If you listen to a podcast or a book and something really resonates with you, write about that.
- Pair release-writing with movement. If anger comes up, write about it, and then scream into your pillow to let that out. Instead of bottling things up, release them in this safe way.
- And finally, use journaling as your first step of venting. Emotionally dump how you are feeling into writing and then process how you feel afterwards.
If you are ready to invite freedom into your life, and couple that with a powerful journaling practice, pop in your ear buds and press play.
Have you joined The Live By Design Co Club?
If you enjoyed this conversation, and Andrea’s words spoke to you too, then you might want to join The Live By Design Co Club!
Andrea Tessier will be our very first special guest and will be joining The Club for our journaling practice on Monday, February 21st at 7pm EST. This one hour journaling session promises to be a time of community, growth, and connection!
Ready to live 2022 with intention? Then The Live By Design Co Club was made just for you!
Andrea Tessier is a Certified Master Life Coach who is committed to supporting women as they access more authenticity, self-expression, and freedom in their lives. She left a successful teaching career at 39 to pursue a life she truly felt passionate about. This did not come easy, it took a journey of looking inwards, self-discovery, re-remembering, and unlearning to allow herself to create the life of her dreams.
Andrea now supports women in answering big questions on their journey like, “Who am I, What do I really desire, What am I meant to do, and How do I get there…in a way that feels true to ME?” She is passionate about helping others move from stuck & stressed to intentional & free with her vast tool box that includes the body, mind, and spirit.
If you are ready to get unstuck and create a life of freedom, ease, and fulfillment you can grab Andrea’s Personal Freedom Starter Kit here.
The kit includes a personal freedom assessment questionnaire, journal prompts, weekly meditations, and more to help you create the life you want.
Connect with Andrea:
Kate’s Joyful Corner
This week I am so incredibly grateful for our neighbors. We recently moved into our forever home in Gettysburg, PA, and I’m determined to foster friendships and community in our little slice of countryside.
To do this, I created a Shutterfly card with a photo of our family and a little note about who we are, what we love to do, and an open invitation to stop by our home anytime and share a cup of coffee and a conversation.
And I was blown away by the response to our card! We had neighbors stop by with yummy baked treats, neighbors stopped to have coffee with us, and one neighbor happens to have children the same age as ours and she came over for a fun playdate!
I’m also so grateful for our immediate neighbors over the holiday season. If one of us was traveling we would get each other’s packages and put them in our garages. We were also recently working on a DIY shelf project and we didn’t have the correct drill bit handy. My husband was able to call our neighbor and they lent us the size we needed right then, it was such a blessing! We also have another neighbor that has this tractor with the biggest snow plow attachment I’ve ever seen and after our last two big storms he came over and cleared our driveway…we didn’t have to get out our own snow blower out yet!
Another one of our neighbors chickens started producing a ton of eggs and they brought 2 dozen of them and they are the yummiest, most delicious eggs I’ve ever had in my entire life!
And finally our neighbor who we are the closest to just loves to do special things for our boys. They had us over this summer and let us fish in their lake, pick pumpkins from their garden this fall, and even helped us set up a tent in our backyard for our “camping” expedition. At Halloween they had us over for candy and hot cocoa, and for Christmas they gifted the boys these adorable tractors (which they LOVE!).
I’m so grateful to have neighbors who are so kind and generous with their time and energy and to be in community with these amazing neighbors.
Back when I lived in Illinois I had a neighbor, Janice, who was incredible at welcoming neighbors to the neighborhood and bringing people together in the community. I have such fond memories of that time that I am determined to be the “Janice” of my neighborhood! If I’m half as neighborly and warm as she is, then I’ll count it as a win!
- Subscribe to Kate’s Weekly Love Letter
- Join The LBD Co. Club
- Continue the Conversation on Instagram @mskatehouse
- Health Coaching with Kate
- Schedule Your Discovery Call
- Connect with Liz Chapman – Podcast Manager
- Episode 79: A Framework for Radical Self-Acceptance with Lisa Olivera
- Episode 78: Mini Motivational Meditation: The Answers are Already Inside You – Inspired by the Book “Untamed” by Glennon Doyle
- Episode 74: Mini Motivational Meditation: Choose to Speak Kindly to Yourself – Inspired by Jen Sincero’s Book “You Are A Badass At Making Money”
- Episode 52: Mini Meditation – “Do What Is Right For you”
- Episode 46: A Joyful Meditation with Sarah Weyenberg
- Episode 35: Bonus: Reflections of Self Work with Loukia Mastrodimos
- Episode 34: Living Boldly with Loukia Mastrodimos
- Episode 31: Mini Meditation – “You Are Alive, You Are Whole, All is Well”
- Episode 6: Mini Meditation – Gratitude